Who ever thought eating well was boring? Since I have started training for my first Bikini Competition, I have to be honest, I have never eaten so much in my life. I don't even feel like I am really "prepping". There are so many meals out there that are super tasty and gives you all of the nutrients that your body needs.
If you are a fan of Mexican food, here is a dish that tastes delicious and is surprisingly pretty clean. As stated in my previous recipe posts, I am not a nutritionist, nor am I any type of "professional". What I am is an everyday person that loves food just as much as the next person. So next time you are craving some oily Mexican, why not opt in for a healthier version that leaves your taste buds satisfied?
500 grams lean ground beef (mince)
2 cloves Garlic
Pinch of mixed herbs
1 brown onion
1 packet Mission Taco mix
1 cup of water
2 tablespoon coconut oil
Pinch of smoked paprika
5 cups of vegetables of your choice
1 can of kidney beans
1. Saute chopped onion in coconut oil, add garlic and mixed herbs on medium heat.
2. Add ground beef until nearly cooked.
3. Mix taco mix and water then pour onto the meat.
4. Throw in chopped vegetables, cook on high heat.
5. Drain tin of kidney beans before adding into the pan.
6. Turn heat down to simmer, sprinkle cracked pepper to taste.
Serve with 1 cup of cooked brown rice (quinoa optional).
There you have it, you have just cooked a Mexican feast! Enjoy!